FROM DUNDEE, SCOTLAND TO KARLSRUHE, GERMANY (The scenic route, with most effective use of rail card.)
PART 1: DUNDEE→ STANSTED AIRPORT
1. Take the 09:41 train from Dundee Tay Bridge to Edinburgh (1 Hr, 33m)
2. Take the 11:30 train from Edinburgh to York (2 Hr, 23m)
3. Get off the train.
3b. GET OFF THE TRAIN. EXPLORE.
4. Take the 16:55 train to London King’s Cross (1 Hr. 59m).
** If you would like more time in York, that’s fine: there is a train every 30m. **
** Just make sure to get to King’s Cross before 21:00. **
5. Walk 2.5 miles from London’s King Cross to Liverpool Street.
** This is an optional step: feel free to take the tube for four pounds to Liverpool street.**
5b. Just keep heading east: wander through the city. Take your time. Appreciate the world around you. EXPLORE. Take your
ear buds out and listen to the city.
6. The last train out of Liverpool Street to Standsted is 23:35 (48m).
7. Arrive in Stansted, get cozy, and set an alarm for 0530 to check in for your flight.
PART 2: STANSTED AIRPORT → BADEN-BADEN AIRPORT
1. Wake up in Stansted. Feel relieved that your backpack is still there.
2. Check in for Ryanair flight.
2b. IF FLYING RYANAIR, MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THEIR REGULATIONS.
1 piece of hand luggage, 10 kilos. – Free
Checked baggage, 15 kilos – 20 pounds
Each additional kilo is 20 pounds
Have your passport checked from the sketchy man before flight
Print out your boarding pass before flight
40 pounds to print your boarding pass
3. Sit in “lounge” and wait for your gate to be announced.
4. Watch everybody run to the gate, laugh.
5. Wait in line for 30 minutes, walk to aircraft.
6. Board aircraft.
7. Arrive in Baden-Baden.
PART 3: BADEN-BADEN → KARLSRUHE.
1. Take bus #201 to the Baden-Baden bahnhof ( ~15m)
2. Take Train headed to Karlsruhe hofbahnhof (~20m)
3. Meet up with your friends who you haven’t seen in six months!