Falkirk Wheel, Panoramic view.

Falkirk Wheel, Panoramic view.
Image by Cameron Lyall, GNU license Wikimedia

13 June 2011

It is always sunny!



Professor Salvo instructed us to bring an eye-mask because there was going to be a lot of daylight. I could sleep through a nuclear bomb if I needed to, but I still stashed one in my rucksack. Although I haven't used it, it is clear to me why he said such a thing. Below you will see three photos: one at 11 PM, another at 3 AM and the last at 5AM ( all times local). Take notice of the sunlight.


This is the lovely Bridget, sitting on the window sill in my room. We are living in the Belmont flats, and this is our view of the city. This was taken at 23:00, arrival day.

On Friday, we decided to check out the nightlife a little bit. After Kate got her foot stepped on by a Yeti in stilettos, it was time to go home. I turned my heater on in my freezing bedroom, snapped this and went to sleep.


That night, I forgot to close my blinds before going to sleep (a rookie mistake). The sun woke me up at 05:00, and the first thing I did was grab my iPhone to snap this. The second thing I did was to go back to sleep.


I discussed the crazy sun pattern with Zachery, who was kind enough to share this website with me. If you navigate to the sun and moon tab, you will see that Dundee averages about a 17 hour and 40 minute day... and it is only getting longer.

No comments: