Falkirk Wheel, Panoramic view.

Falkirk Wheel, Panoramic view.
Image by Cameron Lyall, GNU license Wikimedia

10 June 2011

Transitions

We've been in Dundee and at the University of Dundee for about a day now - certainly not long enough to get a true sense of a place, but long enough for use to dip our toes into the urban space of northeast Scotland. From what our gracious tour guides have told us so far, we're experiencing both a city and a school in transition -the city is undergoing a bit of a renaissance following several decades of industrial downturn and the university is doing its best to lead the way. There is evidence of this transition, and of the rough 1980s, everywhere. I'm sure we'll all post more in the coming weeks about this transition, but I thought I would start by posting the view from my flat window. Let's think of it as both the view I'll see the most of during my time here and representative of the lens through which we'll all see the city.

No comments: